Volunteering Program Overview 2021-22
1. Login to OnVolunteers: This year's goal is to ensure that all school families have an active profile on our volunteer platform, OnVolunteers by September 30, 2021. This will help the school in communicating news and updates to families on volunteer opportunities and community/fundraising events. Your volunteer hours will be logged, approved, and tracked in the system. The tracking of volunteer activities will also help to support the planning of volunteer programs in future school years.
2. Create Account or Update Password: Please ensure your user profile is active and up-to-date by logging in with the email address and password you used to set-up your profile. If you have forgotten your password, please select "Forgot your password? Click Here" and you will be directed to set up a new password. If you have not already created a user profile, please select "Register for New Account". Please log on to the portal and review your family information, update your password, email and contact information as well as add any additional contacts to your profile. It is important that your profile has current email and telephone information. DUE: SEPT 30, 2021
3. Volunteer Sign-up: Once you're signed in, you will be able to view the "Home" tab. Please see the "People Needed" box in the top left hand corner. You may see the full list of volunteer opportunities by also clicking on "See Tasks by Activities" in the bottom right-hand corner of the "People Needed" box. Click on any task to view the description, number of hours, and number of volunteer spots needed. If you are interested in volunteering for a particular task, click on "Register" within any Task Registration screen.
4. Testing your Sign-up Functionality: All families are asked to sign up for the "Parent Student Daily Reading" Activity that is open and available for sign-up to help ensure that the volunteer registration process is working smoothly and also provides a sample experience for all users. Please note this is a "test activity" and no volunteer credits will be awarded, but we encourage all families to sign up for this engaging task!
5. System Support: If you have any questions about the system, please click on "Start Guide" or the "How To" links in the top right-hand corner of your screen in the blue banner at the top. We also encourage parents who are familiar with the volunteer system to share their experiences and support other parents who may have simple questions about navigating the system.