We are committed to the CISVA expectations as to how we prioritize admissions to our school. We use the following guidelines:
- Children presently enrolled in the school if they and their families meet the expectations of the school.
- Siblings of children already in the school, whose families are practising Catholics and are active in the parish.
- Children whose families are practising Catholics active in the parish.
- Siblings of children already in the school, whose families are practising Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are practising Catholics coming into the parish,who have been attending Catholic schools elsewhere.
- Children whose families are practising Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are either non-practising Catholics or not active in their parishes.
- *Siblings of non-Catholics cannot be given priority over Catholics. Addendum to Admissions Policy: (Revised June 2007) Placement at St. Francis de Sales will be based on the child’s needs as determined by the school’s assessment, in the best interests of the child. Parents’ views will be considered but are not determinative.
Parents of children entering kindergarten in September, 2022 are to attend an information session using Zoom technology which will be held on Nov. 15 at 1:15pm. The school principal will make a presentation about the culture of the school, and share details about tuition, costs, programs and how many spaces are anticipated to be available in the coming year. Please fill out a wait list form if you haven't already done so. After this presentation, successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible if space is available and meet the principal with their child/ren over Zoom. Students are accepted as per the CISVA guidelines.
*Returning parents re-register in late January. A week is given between receiving registration packages and the return date, at which time an adult must be present to submit the completed packages. Once we have processed all this information, we are able to notify new families how many openings we have for the following school year. (Parents are required to attend an Annual General Meeting in the fall at which time we will outline our goals for the year and review our financial progress from the previous year, as well as introduce our staff and make time for parents to hear information from classroom teachers about the expectations for the year.)
Parents are required to fill out a Wait List Form if they are interested in sending their child to St. Francis de Sales School. If space becomes available, they will be notified as soon as possible and a meeting will take place with the principal for those who were not able to attend the information meeting(s) in November. If accepted, a Registration Package will then be given to complete and return to the school as soon as possible.